Since most of us have indulged heartily in a variety of celebration fare over the holiday season, many of you may be feeling the cumulative effects of too much holiday cheer about now in the forms of lowered energy, diminished resistance to colds & flu, excess weight, & non stop sweet cravings.
The following simple tips will help you to get back on track, feel better and shed those unwanted pounds that have crept on over the past few months.
1) Incorporate low starch veggies into your daily diet. I know I sound like a broken record, but this really is the foundation for a healthy diet.
2) Bring balance into your daily diet. An easy way to do this is to get in the habit of drinking a cup of Bieler’s Soup (recipe on my website April 2012 Blog section) or equal amount of low starch veggies every time you eat a flour product or protein. There are many quick & easy to prepare veggie soup recipes in my book “Eat Your Way To Health” as well so you don’t get bored. The soups are great because you can grab them on the run.
3) Start to think of sugar & alcohol as celebration treats, not daily fare…and balance with a cup of Bieler’s Soup or low starch veggies before or after the celebration. In a pinch, punch a few holes into a zucchini and microwave for 1 minute each side for a quick & portable low starch veggies serving. You can easily take this with you to a restaurant & sneak it onto your main dish plate without anyone noticing. This tip has been a godsend for many of my clients who travel a lot since most hotels have microwaves in the rooms.
4) Get into the habit of reading labels for hidden sugars, preservatives, chemicals, & salt.
5) Get moving!! As little as 15-20 minutes of sustained movement can boost your metabolism, lift your spirits, reduce stress, & enhance your immune system. Taking the stairs instead of the elevator, returning your shopping cart to the market door instead of leaving it next to your car , & parking a bit further from your errand destinations all contribute to a healthly dose of movement that doesn’t have to be a chore.
If possible, make a short 10 minute walk in nature..or even around the block at lunch part of your daily routine. Stationary biking, using Nordic Track machine, treadmill or even a mini trampoline while catching up on the daily news at home can also be simple ways of incorporating movement into your life without having to join a gym. Finding a favorite yoga or Pilates DVD is almost like having a personal trainer in your home.
6) Take your health into your own hands(literally) by holding one of your fingers lightly when you are stalled in traffic, waiting in line, watching t.v. or on the phone. Each finger balances over 14,000 functions in your body. For more information go to: Natural Self Healing Tools on my website.
Remember behavioral scientists have found that a simple change becomes a lifelong habit after one month if done daily. By just applying this one simple principle to any area of your life you want to re-vamp, you can make your New Year’s resolutions a permanent reality.
PS. If you want to learn more about me & my work, please go to my website:
My books “Eat Your Way To Health”and “Ageless Beauty From The Inside Out” are available through my website in PDF & through Amazon Books in paperback and Kindle.
I also offer general Q & A sessions or personalized consultations for diet and/or Jin Shin Jyutsu self help via phone/video SKYPE . Just DM or email me for more information.
A Votre Sante,