TOFU CUTLETS MARINARA
Another new recipe for tofu that my husband Gene says is the best one yet.
Ingredients to “bread” tofu cutlets:
- Extra firm tofu cut into 4, ½” cutlets.
- 1/3 cup oat bran powdered in food processor into a flour
- 2 tbls. no Salt Italian Pizza Seasoning (I like Frontier or Spice Hunter brands)
- 2 tbls extra Virgin Olive Oil plus 2 tbls reserved for browning cutlets.
Mix oat bran flour, seasoning, and olive oil together. Press onto both sides of drained and dried tofu cutlets. Put aside until ready to brown in a skillet.
When ready to brown cutlets heat pan, add oil when pan is hot and brown tofu cutlets on both sides.
Ingredients for marinara sauce:
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper
- 1/3 cup rinsed sliced black olives
- 1 tbls minced shallots
- 2 tbls thinly sliced fresh basil sliced
- 1 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Heinz Wellness line ketchup of choice
- 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbls no salt Italian Pizza seasoning of choice
- Low sodium shredded Parmesan reserved for garnish
OPTIONAL: serve with a side of steamed veggies. Your choice of steamed zucchini, broccoli, or green beans topped with shredded parmesan drizzled with oiive oil.
Saute red peppers and shallots in oil until just tender, and stir in olives and seasoning. Fold in ketchup, basil and tomatoes. Pour over browned warm tofu cutlets and garnish with parmesan.