QUICK AND EASY TOFU CUCUMBER SALAD
My husband Gene asked me to create some different recipes with tofu, so here’s the newest one.
- 1 cup organic extra firm tofu cut into small cubes
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber cut into half- moons (English or Persian best)
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 cups radish or daikon sprouts. If you like a milder taste use alfalfa or clover sprouts). Reserve until ready to plate & serve.
- 2 tbls low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbls rice vinegar
- 2 tbls toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbls finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbls finely minced shallots or green onion
- 2 tbls sesame seeds Plus 2 tbls reserved for garnish.
OPTIONAL: ¼ cup unsalted toasted sliced almonds or peanuts
Place all ingredients (except sprouts) in a bowl and fold gently together, then transfer to a flat covered container.
Mix all dressing ingredients together and pour over veggies & tofu. Gently toss all veggies in dressing. OPTIONAL: fold in nuts. Cover and marinate at least 15 minutes, but better a few hours.
To serve: make a bed of sprouts on a plate and top with marinated veggies and tofu. Garnish with reserved sesame seeds….and ENJOY!!!