This is one of my husband, Gene’s favorite meals, sans the cooked ground meat since he is a vegetarian. So easy to make and a tasty no pasta, all vegetable dish.
SPAGHETTI SQUASH PARMESAN
1 large spaghetti squash cooked (either baked at 350 until tender when pierced with a knife or microwaved until tender when pierced with a knife. Set aside until cool.
• 1 cup thinly sliced button mushrooms
• 2 tbls. minced shallots
• 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
• 1 cup small broccoli florets
Water saute all above in a covered skillet until barely tender.
Add in EVOO, seasoning of choice and Optional ground meat until fully mixed.
• 2 tbls EVOO
• 2 tsp No Salt Italian Herb seasoning mix ( I like Frontier Brand Pizza Seasoning blend or Spice Hunter Pasta Seasoning blend.
• 1 cup cooked ground turkey, chicken or beef seasoned with any no salt Italian blend herb mix.
Reserve the following ingredients until after folding in Veggie Mix:
• ¼ cup finely chopped parsley (reserve a tsp or 2 for garnish)
• 1/ cup sliced black or green olives rinsed to remove salt
• ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Cut spaghetti squash in half, remove and discard any seeds. Shred flesh with a fork. This will produce “spaghetti-like shreds. Fold Veggie mix and Optional ground meat into spaghetti squash shreds. After well mixed toss in Parmesan, parsley, and olives. Microwave for 30 sec to 1 min. Plate and garnish with chopped parsley.
Serves 2-4 depending on if used as main course or side dish.