Chocolate Or Carob Treats
INGREDIENTS (organic preferred)
- Approx. 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa or carob powder (add a bit more to form patties)
- 2/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp stevia powder. I like 365 Brand in the small canister or 1/8 cup pure ground green stevia powder. VIP: Add stevia in small amounts and taste for sweetness as brands vary in taste/intensity.
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
- 1 pinch Celtic sea salt or Himalayan salt (optional)
For variations choose from these additional ingredients:
- shredded unsweetened coconut
- dates chopped
- chopped pecans or walnuts
- Crushed raspberries
- Grated lemon peel
- Chopped banana chunks
- Crispy rice cereal
- Melt oil in a small saucepan and fold in the stevia, vanilla/almond flavor, cocoa or carob powder, salt. VIP: Add stevia in small amounts and taste for sweetness as brands vary in taste/intensity.
Pour onto a parchment or foil lined cookie sheet and refrigerate or freeze until semi firm for about 10-mins. Then fold in any variation ingredients and form into bite size balls or patties. You can also roll the balls or patties in any of the variations. Store in a container in the fridge.
For Bark :
Pour onto a parchment or foil lined cookie sheet, add variations if desired and refrigerate or freeze for 20 min or until firm. Break into bite sized pieces and store in the fridge.
For Fancy Treats:
Use a chocolate mold in your favorite shape. Simply pour your batter in, refrigerate or freeze and pop them out when you are ready to enjoy.
*These treats will melt at room temp, so please remember to store in an airtight container in your fridge or freezer.